Councillor Marie Jenkins' Personal Blog

Welcome to my blog.†

My name is Marie Jenkins, Liberal Democrat Member and Teignbridge District Councillor for Newton Abbot (College) Ward, in South Devon.

The purpose of this blog is to try and keep you informed about my role and provide you with information about developments in Teignbridge District Council and our local Ward, Newton Abbot (College).

My Committee responsibilities with Teignbridge District Council include membership of Executive and Portfolio Holder for Communities & Regulation.

I am also the Member Champion for Youth!

I will clarify my responsibilities in future blogs...

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Portfolio Holder for Communities and Regulation

I am well aware that it has been a long time since I blogged, but December was an extremely busy month for me.

At the last Full Council meeting before Christmas, I was unanimously elected to the Executive of Teignbridge District Council, taking over the Communuties and Regulation Portfolio that was left vacant by the sad death of Councillor Brian Berman.

This portfolio covers a number of areas within the Council, including the legal department,emergency planning and promoting democracy throughout the District. Since my appointment was confirmed, I have spent time meeting with the officers responsible in order to learn more about the issues and ongoing cases.

I am extremely excited about this appointment, and the opportunities that it may present to make the Council more accessible to the public, and promote standing for election to a wider section of the public. Whilst this is a small part of the job, it is one that I relish, and I can't wait to get my teeth stuck in!

0 Comments: