Councillor Marie Jenkins' Personal Blog

Welcome to my blog.†

My name is Marie Jenkins, Liberal Democrat Member and Teignbridge District Councillor for Newton Abbot (College) Ward, in South Devon.

The purpose of this blog is to try and keep you informed about my role and provide you with information about developments in Teignbridge District Council and our local Ward, Newton Abbot (College).

My Committee responsibilities with Teignbridge District Council include membership of Executive and Portfolio Holder for Communities & Regulation.

I am also the Member Champion for Youth!

I will clarify my responsibilities in future blogs...

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Busy Weekend

Three weeks ago, a colleague of mine on the District Council passed away after suffering a heart attack at a public meeting. Brian Berman represented Kenn Valley on Teignbridge District Council and Exminster and Kenton on Devon County Council.

Brian was an extremely dedicated Councillor and worked tremendously hard for the people he represented. He will be sadly missed by all those who worked with him; those of all parties and none.

There will now be a by-election to replace him, and I have spent today out and about in Exminster canvassing on behalf of his wife, Hilary, who is standing as the Lib Dem candidate to replace him on the District Council. Colleagues were out to help, and we saw a number of our Conservative counterparts out and about, braving the elements too.

I look forward to working alongside whoever wins the by-election so that together, we can all do our best for the people of Teignbridge.

0 Comments: